in partnership with:
The 2019 Fall application period is open until November 29th.
Applications will open again in February 2020.
The Sustainability Research Awards Program is a scholarship program that aims to recognize Concordia students who are working towards sustainable change on campus through their coursework or research.
Undergraduate awards: $800
Graduate awards: $1,500
Which research projects are eligible?
- Research projects that tackle an environmental and/or social sustainability issue on the Concordia campus
- Applied research projects that generate practical sustainability outcomes or recommendations
- Only active research projects are eligible. Projects completed prior to September 1st, 2018 are not eligible.
- Course projects/assignments, honors theses, and graduate theses are eligible. Authorization is needed from the course instructor or thesis supervisor (Please send an email to our CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the status of the research project and that the latter is aligned with the course/program’s learning objectives).
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Concordia students
- Individual applicants, as well as groups, can apply for the award.
What criteria will be used to evaluate research proposals?
Clarity of the proposal
- Potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in sustainability
- Appropriateness of the research methods to the framed problem
- Feasibility of the research project
Innovation and critical thinking
- Identification of new sustainability gaps and challenges on campus
- New way of framing existing problems
- Innovation in the methodology and outcomes
Potential in advancing sustainability at Concordia University
- Collaboration with relevant academic, professional and community stakeholders
- Potential to create new initiatives at Concordia or to expand existing work
Éric St-Pierre Sustainability Student Project Fund
In addition to the Sustainability Research Award, applicants working on projects that tackle greenhouse gas emissions at Concordia University can also apply to receive an additional $1,500 from the Éric St-Pierre Sustainability Student Project Fund.
The purpose of the Project Fund is to encourage and reward students who develop practical ideas that will help Concordia and its immediate community to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to have those ideas become part of broader, higher impact projects. Winning individuals/teams who will be receiving support from the Éric St-Pierre Sustainability Student Project Fund will be invited to implement and/or activate their project into the Concordia internal and external community when applicable.