in partnership with:
The 2021/2022 application period has ended please stay tuned for the 22/23 application period.
The Sustainability Research Awards Program is a scholarship program that aims to recognize Concordia students who are working towards sustainable change on campus through their coursework or research.
Undergraduate awards: $800
Graduate awards: $1,500
Ready to apply? Heres the criteria:
Which research projects are eligible?
- Research projects that tackle an environmental and/or social sustainability issue on the Concordia campus
- Applied research projects that generate practical sustainability outcomes or recommendations
- Projects beginning in the 2021/2022 Academic year including Summer 2021.
- Course projects/assignments, honors theses, and graduate theses are eligible. Authorization is needed from the course instructor or thesis supervisor (Please send an email to our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the status of the research project and its alignment with the course/program’s learning objectives).
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Concordia students
- Individual applicants, as well as groups, can apply for the award.
What criteria will be used to evaluate research projects?
Clarity of the proposal
- Potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in sustainability
- Appropriateness of the research methods to the framed problem
- Feasibility of the research project
Innovation and critical thinking
- Identification of key sustainability gaps and challenges on campus
- Innovation in the methodology and outcomes
Potential in advancing sustainability at Concordia University
- Collaboration with relevant academic, professional and community stakeholders
- Potential to create new initiatives at Concordia or to expand existing work