Sustainability Research Award
The Sustainability Research Awards Program is a scholarship program that aims to recognize Concordia students who are working towards sustainable change on campus through their coursework or research.
Undergraduate awards: $800
Graduate awards: $1,500
Which research projects are eligible?
- Research projects that tackle an environmental and/or social sustainability issue on the Concordia campus
- Applied research projects that generate practical sustainability outcomes or recommendations
- Research projects that are in progress (projects completed prior to January 1st 2018 are not eligible)
- Course projects/assignments, honors theses, and graduate theses are eligible. An authorization is needed from the course instructor or thesis supervisor (Please send an email to Nadra Wagdy at email@example.com confirming the status of the research project and that the latter is aligned with the course/program’s learning objectives).
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Concordia students
- Individual applicants as well as groups can apply for the award.
What criteria will be used to evaluate research proposals?
Clarity of the proposal
- Potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in sustainability
- Appropriateness of the research methods to the framed problem
- Feasibility of the research project
Innovation and critical thinking
- Identification of new sustainability gaps and challenges on campus
- New way of framing existing problems
- Innovation in the methodology and outcomes
Potential in advancing sustainability at Concordia University
- Collaboration with relevant academic, professional and community stakeholders
- Potential to create new initiatives at Concordia or to expand existing work