in partnership with:
The 2020 Fall application period opens November 1st, 2020 and will end November 29th. As of November 1st, you will be able to access the application here.
The Sustainability Research Awards Program is a scholarship program that aims to recognize Concordia students who are working towards sustainable change on campus through their coursework or research.
Undergraduate awards: $800
Graduate awards: $1,500
Ready to apply? Heres the criteria:
Which research projects are eligible?
- Research projects that tackle an environmental and/or social sustainability issue on the Concordia campus
- Applied research projects that generate practical sustainability outcomes or recommendations
- Only active research projects are eligible. Projects completed prior to September 1st, 2019 are not eligible.
- Course projects/assignments, honors theses, and graduate theses are eligible. Authorization is needed from the course instructor or thesis supervisor (Please send an email to our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org confirming the status of the research project and that the latter is aligned with the course/program’s learning objectives).
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Concordia students
- Individual applicants, as well as groups, can apply for the award.
What criteria will be used to evaluate research proposals?
Clarity of the proposal
- Potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in sustainability
- Appropriateness of the research methods to the framed problem
- Feasibility of the research project
Innovation and critical thinking
- Identification of new sustainability gaps and challenges on campus
- New way of framing existing problems
- Innovation in the methodology and outcomes
Potential in advancing sustainability at Concordia University
- Collaboration with relevant academic, professional and community stakeholders
- Potential to create new initiatives at Concordia or to expand existing work