The Sustainability Research Awards Program is a scholarship program that aims to recognize Concordia students who are working towards sustainable change on campus through their coursework or research.
Undergraduate awards: $800
Graduate awards: $1,500
Ready to apply? Heres the criteria:
Which research projects are eligible?
- Research projects that tackle an environmental and/or social sustainability issue on the Concordia campus
- Applied research projects that generate practical sustainability outcomes or recommendations
- Projects occuring in the 2022/2023 Academic year including Summer 2022.
- Course projects/assignments, honors theses, and graduate theses are eligible. Authorization is needed from the course instructor or thesis supervisor (Please send an email to our Executive Director at email@example.com confirming the status of the research project and its alignment with the course/program’s learning objectives).
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Concordia students
- Individual applicants, as well as groups, can apply for the award.
What criteria will be used to evaluate research projects?
Clarity of the proposal
- Potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in sustainability
- Appropriateness of the research methods to the framed problem
- Feasibility of the research project
Innovation and critical thinking
- Identification of key sustainability gaps and challenges on campus
- Innovation in the methodology and outcomes
Potential in advancing sustainability at Concordia University
- Collaboration with relevant academic, professional and community stakeholders
- Potential to create new initiatives at Concordia or to expand existing work
Once completed, send your applications and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download this PDF and use the free version of Adobe Acrobat to fill out your application and save your answers. Do NOT fill out this application in your web browser it will not save your answers.