Which research projects are eligible?
– Research projects that tackle environmental and/or social
sustainability issue that relates to the Concordia campus
– Applied research projects that generate practical sustainability outcomes or recommendations
-Projects beginning in the 2021/2022 Academic year including Summer 2021
Who can apply?
– Undergraduate and Graduate Concordia students
– Individual applicants, as well as groups, can apply for the award
How to apply?
-Fill out an application available on our website: www.safconcordia.ca/research-award
– Submission period: February 15th-March 15th
– A letter is needed from the course instructor or thesis supervisor (Please send an email to our Executive Director at email@example.com confirming the status of the research project and its alignment with the course/program’s learning objectives)
– A research proposal (max. 2 pages) that includes the research background, objectives, method, and expected outcomes
– IF RELEVANT FOR RESEARCH CREATION PROJECTS- A detailed budget and timeline for implementation
1) Clarity of the proposal
-Potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in sustainability
-Appropriateness of the research methods to the framed problem
-Feasibility of the research project
2)Innovation and critical thinking
-Identification of key sustainability gaps and challenges on campus
-Innovation in the methodology and outcomes
3) Potential in advancing sustainability at Concordia University
-Collaboration with relevant academic, professional and community stakeholders
-Potential to create new initiatives at Concordia or to expand existing work
This year the Sustainability Research Awards are funded by the SAF, The Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science, The Faculty of Arts and Science and the Faculty of Fine Arts.