Join our team! The Sustainability Action Fund is hiring a Finance & Funding Coordinator.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 27th, 2023 at 11:59 PM. Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Sebastian Di Poi at email@example.com The interviews will be conducted throughout the week of March 27th 2023.
1-year contract (April 2023 – March 2024), with the option for yearly renewal.
Hours and Remuneration:
32 hours per week with a starting salary of $23.73/hour. Coordinators receive a cost of living increase in January of every year in addition to a performance increase up to 6% depending on peer evaluations. Health and Dental care provided. Each staff member also has access to a Health and Wellness budget line that totals $500 / employee / fiscal year as well as funds for continued professional development.
The Sustainability Action Fund is a Concordia fee-levy organization that offers grants and funding opportunities to Concordia based student-led projects, with the goal of promoting a culture of sustainability at the university and surrounding community.
The Finance & Funding Coordinator will work closely with the SAF team and members of the Board of Directors to oversee the organization’s general accounting needs and ensure the financial stability of the organization.
Main Financial Responsibilities (~20 hrs/week)
- Develop an annual budget, prepare financial reports and financial statements.
- Create and present a quarterly budget to actuals to the board.
- Oversee and coordinate all project reimbursements along with account payables and account receivables.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization and enforce financial accountability procedures and protocols.
- Creating and distributing T4, R1 and T4A slips to SAF staff and honorarium recipients.
- Overseeing and processing payroll.
- Coordinating year end audit and tax returns with 3rd party accounting firms.
- Participating in board of directors, staff meetings, events and the Annual General Meeting as well as coordinate and facilitate finance committee meetings. Keep the board of directors fully informed on the financial condition of the organization at monthly board of director meetings.
Funding Development Responsibilities (~12 hrs/week)
- Applying for additional external grants and funding to increase the organization’s operational capacity and to enhance the resilience of the SAF by diversifying funding sources.
- Research and develop partnerships with external organizations on the basis of supplying increased support to student sustainability projects, fund matching opportunities and knowledge sharing.
- Manage applications, deadlines, final reports and appropriate distribution of all additional funds received.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed / Pursuing a Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Knowledge of social, environmental, and economic sustainability
- Previous experience in an accounting-related position at a firm, company, non-profit, NGO (paid or unpaid).
- Prior experience with accounting software (SAF uses Quickbooks).
- Proficiency with Google Suite and cloud-based applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive).
- Responsible, self-motivated and thrives working autonomously.
- Strong communication skills to give financial presentations (also familiarity with communication applications like Slack).
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strict attention to detail.
- Experience in non-profits and/ or Concordia Fee-Levy groups.
- Experience working with a board of directors (Roberts Rules).
- Student or Alumni of Concordia University