APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 6th, 2022 at 11:59 PM. Please submit a cover letter, CV, and strongly encourage including some (1-5) examples of multimedia in one PDF file to Sebastian Di Poi at firstname.lastname@example.org. The interviews will be conducted July 8th-13th. The position will start on August 2nd.
1-year contract (August 2022 – July 2023), with the option for yearly renewal.
Hours and Remuneration:
30 hours per week with a starting salary of $19.91/hour. Coordinators receive a cost of living increase in January of every year in addition to a performance increase of up to 6% depending on peer evaluations. Health and Dental care provided. Each staff member also has access to a Health and Wellness budget line that totals $500 / employee / fiscal year
About the Sustainability Action Fund
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is a student-run fee levy group at Concordia University. The organization collects approximately $205,000 of revenues a year from undergraduate (25-cent-per-credit) and graduate ($1.25 per term) fee levies.
The majority of funding goes to support student-led projects to develop social, environmental, and economic sustainability projects, with the long-term goal of inspiring and developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the SAF team and members of the Board of Directors to design, produce, disseminate, and maintain promotional tools and strategies to mobilize students interested in or in the process of applying to the SAF.
In their position, the Communications Coordinator will:
- Develop and follow the organizational Communications Plan
- Develop, design, and disseminate web and print communications promoting the SAF-funded projects, the Sustainability Research Awards, and the Living Labs projects in the Concordia community
- Attend SAF funded events to enhance visibility of the organization and create content for web distribution OR coordinate with student project leaders to distribute their own promotional content through the SAF’s social media channels
- Assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s Strategic Directions
- Generate and share multimedia content related to funding activities via our website and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Design, develop and provide technical support for the SAF website and the PDF application form
- Develop, design and coordinate reports and resources for SAF’s various activities
- Develop the organization’s tabling kit and engage with students during Fall and Winter orientation events, Sustainability Week, and other Concordia community events
- Establish relevant media contacts on campus (student newspapers, fee-levy groups, Concordia University Communication Services, etc.)
- Assist in creating a culture of engagement and public support for the SAF by representing the organization on the Concordia Campus Engagement Sub-Committee and Fee Levy Advocacy Committee
- Collecting month-to-month data on social media/web performance
- Lead the Marketing Committee
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Superior command of all major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Knowledge of Social Media planning tools and how to gather content analytics
- Experience with the WordPress, and page building plug ins
- Experience assessing and determining content, standards, and processes for website management
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Experience working as a team player, yet independently motivated
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to meet deadlines with strict attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Knowledge of social, environmental, and economic sustainability
- Proficiency in coding HTML/CSS; working knowledge of PHP a strong asset
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Familiarity with Concordia University community
- Enrolled as Undergraduate/Graduate student at Concordia University
- Studies focused on sustainability, design, community engagement, communications, and/or other areas in which this position would contribute to the candidate’s learning