APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 23rd, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Please submit a cover letter, CV, and multimedia portfolio in one PDF file to Sebastian Di Poi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted in the weeks of May 23rd to May 28th. Applicants will be selected using pre-established criteria set by our Board of Directors Human Resources Committee.
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and therefore eligible applicants must be within 15-30 years old, be a Canadian permanent resident, or have refugee status, and have a valid SIN number. The position will last 18 weeks starting June 14th with the potential to re-establish a new contract with the SAF.
Hours and Remuneration
15 hours per week at $17/hour
About the Sustainability Action Fund
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is a student-run fee levy group at Concordia University. The organization collects approximately $205,000 of revenues a year from undergraduate (25-cent-per-credit) and graduate ($1.25 per term) fee levies.
The majority of funding goes to support projects to develop social, environmental, and economic sustainability projects, with the long-term goal of inspiring and developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with the SAF Communications Coordinator and members of the SAF team to design, produce, and maintain promotional tools and strategies to mobilize students interested in or in the process of applying to the SAF. The Graphic Design Intern will help create material to promote SAF’s workshops, project funding, partnerships, and awards.
In their position, the Graphic Design Intern will:
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to create a plan and inventory of design materials
- Develop and design web and print communications promoting the SAFs funded projects, SAF workshops, the Sustainability Research Awards, and the
- Living Labs projects in the Concordia community
- Design internal and external reports
- Generate and share multimedia content related to funding activities via our website and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & Youtube
- Develop the organization’s tabling kit
- Explore potential branding guideline and website design possibilities
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Superior command of all major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube
- Knowledge of Social Media planning tools
- Experience with WordPress
- Proficiency in coding HTML/CSS
- Experience working as a team player, yet independently motivated
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to meet deadlines with strict attention to detail
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Knowledge of social, environmental, and economic sustainability
- A desire to work in a non-profit environment
- Currently pursuing a degree at Concordia Concordia University community
- Enrolled as an Undergraduate/Graduate student at Concordia University
Studies focused in design, visual art, communications, sustainability, and/or other areas in which this position would contribute to the candidate’s learning