APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 6th, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Please submit a cover letter and CV in one PDF file to Sebastian Di Poi at email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted in the week of September 7th to 11th. Applicants will be selected using pre-established criteria set by our Board of Directors Human Resources Committee.
1-year contract (September 2020 – September 2021), with the option to renew for a second year with possible salary increase.
Hours and Remuneration:
15 hours per week with a starting salary of $17/hour + 4% vacation. Coordinators receive a cost of living increase upon renewal of contract in addition to a performance increase up to 6% depending on peer evaluations.
Sebastián Di Poi, Sustainability Action Fund – Executive Director
SAF HR Committee / Board of Directors
About the Sustainability Action Fund
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is a student-run fee levy group at Concordia University. The organization collects approximately $205,000 of revenues a year from undergraduate (25-cent-per-credit) and graduate ($1.25 per term) fee levies.
The majority of funding goes to support projects to develop social, environmental, and economic sustainability projects, with the long-term goal of inspiring and developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
The Finance Coordinator will work closely with the SAF executive team and members of the Board of Directors to carry out the financial tasks at the organization.
In their position, the Finance Coordinator will:
- Full cycle accounting duties using Quickbooks accounting software
- Oversee and coordinate all project reimbursements along with account payables and account receivables
- Communicate project account balances to project leaders as needed
- Inform and enforce financial accountability procedures and protocols
- Prepare monthly reports and financial statements
- Overseeing payroll and disbursements
- Participating in the board of directors, staff meetings, events, and AGM as needed
- Coordinating and facilitating finance committee meeting
- Create and present the quarterly budget to actuals
- Coordinating year-end audit and tax returns with 3rd party accounting firm
- Overseeing a participatory budgeting process each fiscal year
- Oversee annual taxes and government duties
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed / Pursuing a Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous experience in an accounting-related position at a firm, company, non-profit, NGO (paid or unpaid)
- Prior experience with accounting software (SAF uses Quickbooks)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and cloud-based applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Google Drive)
- Responsible, self-motivated and autonomous worker
- Strong communication skills (familiarity with communication applications like Slack)
- Good time-management and ability to meet deadlines
- Thrive working in small teams
- Experience in non-profits
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Student or Alumni of Concordia University