APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 30th, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and multimedia portfolio in one PDF file to Sebastian Di Poi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be conducted in the weeks of March 30th to April 3rd.
Applicants will be selected using pre-established criteria set by our Board of Directors Human Resources Committee.
1-year contract (April 2020 – April 2021), with the option to renew for a second year.
Hours and Remuneration:
15-18 hours per week with a starting salary of $17/hour. Coordinators receive a cost of living increase upon renewal of contract in addition to a performance increase up to 6% depending on peer evaluations.
About the Sustainability Action Fund
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is a student-run fee levy group at Concordia University. The organization collects approximately $205,000 of revenues a year from undergraduate (25-cent-per-credit) and graduate ($1.25 per term) fee levies.
The majority of funding goes to support projects to develop social, environmental, and economic sustainability projects, with the long-term goal of inspiring and developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the SAF executive team and members of the Board of Directors to design, produce, and maintain promotional tools and strategies to mobilize students interested in or in the process of applying to the SAF. The Communications Coordinator will also create and share content to increase the visibility of SAF-funded projects.
In their position, the Communications Coordinator will:
- Develop, design, and disseminate web and print communications promoting the SAF funded projects, the Sustainability Research Awards, and the Living Labs projects in the Concordia community
- Attend SAF funded events to enhance visibility of the organization and create content for web distribution
- Assist in the development of the organization’s Strategic Directions
- Generate and share multimedia content related to funding activities via our website and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & Youtube
- Design, develop and provide technical support for the SAF website and the PDF application form
- Develop the organization’s tabling kit and engage with students during Fall and Winter orientation events, Sustainability Week, and other concordia community events
- Establish relevant media contacts on campus (student newspapers, fee-levy groups, Concordia University Communication Services, etc.)
- Assist in creating a culture of engagement and public support for the SAF by representing the organization on the Concordia Campus Engagement Sub-Committee and Fee Levy Advocacy Committee
- Collecting month to month data on social media/web performance
- Lead the Marketing Committee
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Superior command of all major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube
- Knowledge of Social Media planning tools
- Experience with the WordPress CMS
- Proficiency in coding HTML/CSS; working knowledge of PHP a strong asset
- Experience assessing and determining content, standards, and processes for website management
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Experience workingas a team player, yet independently motivated
- Ability to balance multiple projects and maintain a flexible schedule
- Ability to meet deadlines with strict attention to detail
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Knowledge of social, environmental, and economic sustainability
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Familiarity with Concordia University community
- Enrolled as Undergraduate/Graduate student at Concordia University
- Studies focused on sustainability, design, community engagement, communications, and/or other areas in which this position would contribute to the candidate’s learning