Term: 1 year, renewable
Hours: approximately 5 hours / month
Remuneration: $1500 honorarium
Application deadline: November 7th, 11:59pm
Start date: Immediately
Please send a CV and a few words describing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use a combination of modified Robert’s Rules of Order and consensus decision-making models to assist the Board of Directors in coming to decisions
- Chair all regular, special, and general meetings
- Work in collaboration with the CEO to determine the best date for monthly meetings based on the board’s availability
- Prepare the agenda meetings in consultation with Management and the Chairperson, and forward it to members 7 days prior to Board meetings, along with relevant documents
- Conduct meetings in an unbiased and nonpartisan manner
- Administer the attendance record of Board Members and inform them of their attendance record, as well as provide the attendance record to the Chairperson upon request
- Document best practices and transfer knowledge/train incoming Board Facilitator as appropriate
- Working knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order and Consensus decision-making processes
- Experiencing facilitating decision-making processes with groups
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Interest in and knowledge of sustainability issues
- Experience with Concordia Student Groups an asset
The Sustainability Action Fund values the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization. We encourage, among others, Indigenous people, people of colour, disabled people, people identifying as LGBTQI, women, formerly incarcerated or institutionalized people, immigrants and people from working-class backgrounds to apply. We also understand that applicants may experience a number of these identities simultaneously in ways that reinforce and nuance their experience. We are committed to creating an organization as diverse as the communities we serve.
This position offers a great opportunity for a student who is interested in expanding their facilitation expertise. For this reason, we are placing priority on those students who have a vested interest in gaining this valuable experience. If this is applicable to you, please be sure to highlight the learning experience you hope to have.