Deadline to Apply-October 18th, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Please submit a cover letter, CV in one PDF file to Mark Underwood at email@example.com. Interviews will happen from October 21st to October 25th. Applicants will be selected using pre-established criteria set by our Board of Directors Human Resources Committee.
Application submission deadline: October 18th, 2019
First round of interviews: October 21st, 2019
Decision made: October 25th– October 28th
Start Date: ASAP
Training: Through to November 7th
3-year contract with an evaluation each year which determines contract renewal and salary increase.
Hours and Remuneration:
35 hours per week with a flexible schedule. An annual salary of $36, 000-$38,000, based on qualifications and experience and experience. Vacation starts at 6%.
About the Sustainability Action Fund
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is financed by a 25-cent per-credit undergraduate student fee-levy, and a $1.25 per term graduate student fee levy. This fee-levy equals approximately $210,000 per year. Our fund exists to support Concordia student-led projects concerning environmental and/or social justice issues such as; building sustainable infrastructure, promoting urban agriculture, strengthening community, and education surrounding environmental and community issues, with the goal of developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
OVERALL CEO OBJECTIVES
The general duties of the Chief Executive Officer is to manage all programs, activities and personnel of the Sustainability Action Fund under the supervision of the Board of Directors. Additionally, the Chief Executive Officer shall also be responsible for implementing and supervising programs and activities and ensuring the financial stability of the Sustainability Action Fund.
- Lead the development and execution of the organization’s mission and long-term strategy.
- Develop, re-visit and communicate SAF’s Strategic Directions in close collaboration with the team and board of directors
- Develop an annual work plan aligned with the organization’s strategic directions, goals, and objectives
- Oversee the flow of funds to ensure steady progress toward strategic goals and achievement of the mission
- Administer major personnel, internal and external programs, policy and procedure development
- Foster an atmosphere of collaboration, empowerment, teamwork, and continuous learning within the organization
- Manage and coordinate SAF’s internal projects and events
- Oversee and coordinate SAF’s monthly funding cycle
- Organize the recruitment, orientation, and general functioning of the Board of Directors including monthly meetings and committee work
- Lead the development of HR and Governance policies and procedures
- Develop effective internal controls and management systems for the day-to-day operations of the fund
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for the organization and ensure proper representation of its various constituencies.
- Represent the organization by participating in key associations, hubs, and advisory groups
- Participate in committees of the Sustainability Governance Framework to integrate sustainability in the university’s operations, research, teaching and engagement strategies
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and partnerships with the university administration, faculty members, policymakers, media, and professional/community organizations involved in sustainability.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, support project teams by coaching and providing feedback on applications. Act as a mentor for various groups coordinating sustainability projects at Concordia
- Applicant must possess an undergraduate degree in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities. Alternatively, an applicant may be working toward finishing their degree at Concordia University*
- Advanced knowledge of various social and environmental sustainability topics and issues (such as Climate Crises, Waste Management, Food Systems, Community Development, Social Justice, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies)
- Collaborative leadership experience in a non-profit environment
- Experience with project management and coordination
- Experience in office administration and financial management
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills
- Responsible, self-motivated and autonomous worker
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills to collaborate effectively with all relevant stakeholders at the University
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Experience working with student groups at Concordia University
- Must be fluent in English, written and oral. Bilingual in French and English is also strongly recommended.
- Familiar with Concordia University’s financial systems and practices
- Experience working with a Board of Directors: ability to provide support to a board and its committees
*If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org