Are you interested in getting involved in sustainability at Concordia University? Becoming a board member of the Sustainability Action Fund Concordia is a great place to start and continue to grow! 🍃
This year, there are 6 positions to be filled:
- 2 students at large (either Undergrad or Graduate students)
- 1 Undergraduate student
- 1 Graduate student
- 1 Undergraduate student in the Gina Cody School of Engineering
- 1 community member (alumni, faculty, staff, etc)
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is a granting organization for students who want to develop, coordinate and foster high impact sustainability projects at Concordia University. The Sustainability Action Fund is comprised of appointees from various student groups and associations. This aspect of the SAF’s governance is essential to ensuring that various perspectives and experiences of the student body are represented in the projects and research being approved for funding.
The Sustainability Action Fund Board of Directors is a one (1) year commitment, from September 2019 to September 2020. Directors are expected to dedicate around 10 hours per month to the organization:
- Board of Directors meetings – approximately 3 hours per month
- Committee meeting – approximately 2 hours per month
- Committee work – approximately 2 hours
- Reviewing applications – approximately 2-3 hours per month
Potential Board members must be available to attend SAF’s Annual General Meeting on October 2nd from 5 pm to 7 pm.
If you are interested in sitting on our Board, please send a brief paragraph outlining your experience with sustainability and why you would be a good fit with our organization to Mark Underwood at email@example.com by September 26th, 2019 at midnight.