APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 5th, 2017 at 11:59pm. Please submit a cover letter and CV in one PDF file to Nadra Wagdy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted on the week of November 13th.
The Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) is a student fee-levy organization that funds projects which develop sustainable infrastructure, urban agriculture, community-building, and education surrounding environmental and community issues, with the long-term goal of inspiring and developing a culture of sustainability at Concordia University.
Funding approximately 30 projects a year since 2007, the fund is looking to hire a new Project Coordinator to oversee the project application process and to be a point of contact for active and potential projects. If you are passionate about our mission and enjoy overseeing projects and analyzing metrics, we look forward to your application.
December 1st 2017 to November 30, 2018. This is a one-year contract, with the possibility to renew for a second year.
$15 to $16 per hour, based on qualifications.
Hours per week
15 hours per week.
- SAF offers a professional development fund for all employees to pursue extra training related to your job;
- Flexible working hours;
- Small-team and collaborative working environment.
- Coordinate and oversee the Sustainability Action Fund (SAF) application process and procedures. In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, revise and develop procedures as appropriate;
- Support project teams by providing coaching and feedback. Summarize and convey feedback to teams at various stages of the application process;
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the meetings of the SAF Special Projects Committee.Send a summary of recommendations to the committee’s members;
- Review midterm and final reports of funded projects; provide feedback to teams;
- Document and track project data and deliverables on an on-going basis, and manage an Excel database of all projects;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and draft monthly reports showcasing SAF’s project funding metrics;
- Draft reports on SAF’s project funding metrics to be presented at the Annual General Meeting and quarterly at board meetings;
- Manage all communications to SAF funded projects via STREAK;
- Hold fixed hours 2 days a week for project groups.
- Advanced knowledge of various social and environmental sustainability topics and issues (such as Waste, Food Systems, Community Development, Social Justice, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies);
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills required to maintain a database to track project metrics;
- High proficiency in Excel required as the project database is maintained in excel and google sheets;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Previous experience in project management and/or coordination;
- Responsible, self-motivated and autonomous worker;
- Effective team player;
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Preferably an undergraduate/graduate Concordia University student or recent alumnus;
- Familiar with the Concordia University community;
- Bilingual in French and English (must be fluent in English);
- Experience working with a Board of Directors: ability to provide support to a board and its committees.